Try it yourself, take your time, check and adjust for flavours along the way. You'll be surprised how easy it really is.
Method (with ingredients embedded in list below):
- 2 TBS oil in a pan, large enough to stir a fair portion of curry.
- Heat oil until medium hot and add 1 quill of cinamon, 1/2 chopped onion. When it starts to caramelise, add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic and 3 chillies (finely chopped).
- Separately in a bowl, combine 2 tsp good quality Garam Masala, 1 1/2 tsp tumeric and 100ml of cold water to make a paste. stir until well combined.
- Add paste to the fried onion and garlic mixture and stir to combine.
- Add 1/2 can of tomatoes, mushed through your hands as you add it to the pan. (do not use tomatoes if you adapt this recipe with meat such as chicken or seafood such as prawns/shrimp)
- Add 100-200ml of water to make a nice juice in the curry.
- Cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Place the firm white fillets of fish (we used Ling fillets) as deep as possible in the curry sauce, wait a couple of minutes and then turn only once!
- Once the fish is cooked through, stir through a handful of chopped coriander.